[ovs-discuss] TSO changes with OVS-DPDK for higher throughput

Harsh Gondaliya harshgondaliya_vinodbhai at srmuniv.edu.in
Sun Sep 8 02:58:57 UTC 2019

Hi Ian,

In May this year, through mailing list you had sent me pointers to patches
to enable Multi-Segment mbuf & TSO. Yes, the patches apply to the adb3f0b
("python: Avoid flake8 warning for unused variables.") commit. It took me
some time to figure out that DPDK 18.11.2 stable version needs to be used
for this version of OvS code.

I have just created a repository
https://github.com/harshgondaliya/ovs-dpdk-with-tso having a patched
version of OvS code and the compatible DPDK package. It includes a  wiki
that explains in detail ― how to setup OvS-DPDK bridge, how to configure
VMs to connect to OvS-DPDK bridge. It will help new users like me to get
started quickly with using OvS-DPDK for Inter-VM communication.

Thanks. Regards,
Harsh Gondaliya