[ovs-discuss] How does MTU work with tunnels?

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Tue Sep 10 13:26:59 UTC 2019

I run VXLAN over a DMVPN setup, as it is part of our Lab/PoC architecture (distributed). From an MTU perspective, Windows is happy with 1360, but some linux/apache servers require it set to 1320 to work properly.

Dennis Heim | Domain Architect (Collaboration Labs)
World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 314-212-1814

"The most powerful person in the world is the story teller. The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come" - Steve Jobs
"Leadership isn't a different maker. It is the difference maker" - Tim Kight
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say" --- Andy Stanley
"Worry less about who you might offend, and more about who you might inspire" -- Tim Allen
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."  -- Albert Einstein
"If you can raise the level of effort and performance in those around you, you are officially a leader" - Urban Meyer
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." -- Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Mediocore managers play checkers (assuming everyone is the same). Great managers play chess (acknowledging that everyone is unique)" - Marcus Buckingham
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative" - Woody Allen

Click here to join me in my Collaboration Meeting Room