[ovs-discuss] VMware / NSX-T

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Tue Sep 10 16:59:13 UTC 2019

I have been using OvS to interconnect our various labs together. VXLAN tunnel connected to an Onos controller. The solution works, and does what it is supposed to do. However, if we could migrate to an NSX-T doing as the controller/management, I could probably get one of our internal IT groups to own it, and that would be what I want.  This would be used for our internal labs/PoC.

Dennis Heim | Domain Architect (Collaboration Labs)
World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 314-212-1814
[cid:image001.png at 01D10DD2.7FC81F90]<https://twitter.com/CollabSensei>
[cid:image002.png at 01D10DD2.7FC81F90]<xmpp:dennis.heim at wwt.com>[cid:image003.png at 01D10DD2.7FC81F90]<tel:+13142121814>[cid:image004.png at 01D10DD2.7FC81F90]<sip:dennis.heim at wwtatc.com>

"The most powerful person in the world is the story teller. The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come" - Steve Jobs
"Leadership isn't a different maker. It is the difference maker" - Tim Kight
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say" --- Andy Stanley
"Worry less about who you might offend, and more about who you might inspire" -- Tim Allen
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."  -- Albert Einstein
"If you can raise the level of effort and performance in those around you, you are officially a leader" - Urban Meyer
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." -- Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Mediocore managers play checkers (assuming everyone is the same). Great managers play chess (acknowledging that everyone is unique)" - Marcus Buckingham
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative" - Woody Allen

Click here to join me in my Collaboration Meeting Room<https://wwt.webex.com/meet/dennis.heim>

Has anyone using VMware/NSX-T as the controller for Open vSwitch?

I've used NSX-T as the controller for OVS in non-production, test/development only type lab
environment.

Why do you ask?

- Greg

Thanks,