[ovs-discuss] OVS - Netflow/IPFix export of custom metadata.

Motonori Shindo motonori at shin.do
Fri Sep 13 13:41:22 UTC 2019

Rajesh,

OVS supports NetFlow V5 and IPFIX (a.k.a. NetFlow v10). NetFlow V5 as a
protocol can't export information other than the pre-defined information
element such as src/dst IP address, src/dst port number, protocol, nexthop
address, input/output interface, etc. IPFIX, on the other hand, has
extensibility and can export additional information. However, IPFIX in OVS
only exports information similar to NetFlow V5. It doesn't have a
configuration knob to have it export additional information element.

Regards,

Motonori Shindo