[ovs-discuss] OVS - PDUMP: Pdump initialization failure in different container

Rajesh Kumar rajesh.kumar at certesnetworks.com
Mon Sep 16 07:30:56 UTC 2019

In our kubernetes setup, we are running OVS in a pod with dpdk enabled.

Using 18.11.2.

I wanted to use dpdk-pdump as packet capture tool and trying to run pdump in separate pod.

As pdump is a secondary process, it will map to the hugepages allocated by primary process (OVS-vswitchd).

I'm getting these 2 errors while starting PDUMP as secondary process in a separate pod.

Without the container setup, I was able to bringup pdump with OVS