[ovs-discuss] Interroperability between openvswitch and linux

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Sep 19 15:03:00 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 07:56:04AM +0000, Benjamin wrote:
> Is it possible to create a GRE tunnel between an openvswitch bridge and
> a linux bridge?
> I'm trying to but as for now I've failed.

Are you talking about a loopback tunnel where both endpoints are on the
same machine?  I know that that does not necessarily work regardless of
whether it's OVS or the Linux bridge because of bugs or weaknesses in
the Linux TCP/IP stack.

If you're talking about tunnels from one machine to another, that should
work.