[ovs-discuss] How to set a hard max flow limit in OVS

Adel Belkhiri adel.belkhiri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 16:18:33 UTC 2019

Hello everybody,

Does anyone know how to set a hard limit for the number of flows that can
be installed by ovs-vswitchd in the datapath ?

I tried this command "ovs-appctl upcall/set-flow-limit   number" (where
number is between 1000 and 200000) but it doesn't have any impact. This
command indicates that the number is set successfully but when I use the
command "sudo ovs-appctl upcall/show" I can see that the limit increases
beyond the one that is set.

Any idea how to set this limit ?

Thank you.