[ovs-discuss] How to set a hard max flow limit in OVS

Adel Belkhiri adel.belkhiri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:49:00 UTC 2019

Thank you Ben for your reply.

Actually, I tried that (many times) but it didn't work. I tried :
sudo ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:flow_limit=1500
and :
sudo ovs-appctl upcall/set-flow-limit 1500

but neither one has an impact on the number of flows cached by the kernel
datapath. This number is checked using the commands :
sudo ovs-appctl upcall/show
and :
sudo ovs-dpctl dump-flows|wc -l

My Openvswitch version is 2.11.90.