[ovs-discuss] Combined Kernel and DPDK with Same Interface

Lazuardi Nasution mrxlazuardin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:50:03 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm looking for best practice or experience on running OVS-DPDK and other
kernel based applications with the same interface especially with MLX5 PMD.
As long as I know, one of both must use VF and the other use PF
since kernel and DPDK cannot bind to same interface. Which one of following
is possible and better?

1. OVS-DPDK bind to PF and kernel bind to VF
2.  OVS-DPDK bind to VF and kernel bind to PF

If it is better (or the only possible) to use No. 2, what version of OVS
and DPDK support VF binding? Should I bind to kernel created VF directly or
it's representor?

Best regards,