[ovs-discuss] OVN vxlan tutorial/documentation

Brendan Doyle brendan.doyle at oracle.com
Wed Apr 15 19:31:15 UTC 2020

Thanks, I was hoping for something a bit more intuitive, but I have a
fundamental question
I usually start the ovsdb-server and create the OVS databases using
'ovs-ctl start' but this seems
to only create the default schema and start the ovsdb-server with that
schema, there does not
seem to be an option in 'ovs-ctl' to create and start the ovsdb-server
with the additional vtep schema
so I am guessing that I have to stop  ovsdb-server and  manually create
the vtep schema, and then
manually start  ovsdb-serverconnecting it to both schemas right.

Then is there a recommended way to stop  ovsdb-server and restart it
without loosing my
config. The ovs-ctl man page says:

"The restart command performs a stop followed by a start command.  The
command can take the
        same options as that of the start command. In addition, it
saves  and  restores  OpenFlow
        flows for each individual bridge."

Brendan