[ovs-discuss] [OVN]: Routing external traffic through a specific gateway

Brendan Doyle brendan.doyle at oracle.com
Fri Apr 24 07:33:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie so may not be the best to advise, but I think what
you are trying to do
(if I understand correctly) is possible, have you checked out Numan's
write up here:

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2018/11/08/how-to-create-an-open-virtual-network-distributed-gateway-router/

This shows you how to do east west with a distributed router, and then
north south with a
distributed gateway port, which can be bound to a specific chassis or
scheduled in HA mode
across several chassis. I think this is what you are after.

Rdgs

Brendan