[ovs-discuss] connecting Mininet Topology to Internet

Luca Mancini luca.mancini at outlook.com
Sat Aug 1 16:32:52 UTC 2020

Hello,
I’m trying to connect a mininet topology to the internet so that I can test out some actions I created.
I created a simple topology:

H1,h2,h3,h4 -------s1--------s2-------Internet

I did this by adding a bridge with the ovs-vsctl add-port command  to s2 (eth1 which is what the VM uses to connect to the internet) and then used dhclient on each of the hx-eth0 interfaces of the hosts.
Something weird happens where every host connects to the internet (tried both ping and links commands) but when I look at the flows that are automatically created by ovs, it seems like only one of the hosts (the first one I pinged from) is receiving the replies from the internet even though no packets are dropped by the other hosts. How is this possible?
Does anyone have a better way to connect a mininet topology to the internet?

Help is very appreciated since I’ve been hitting my head on this issue for a couple of days now
Luca