[ovs-discuss] SB flows not being created in OVN K8 Stateful set

Brendan Doyle brendan.doyle at oracle.com
Thu Aug 6 15:23:15 UTC 2020

On 06/08/2020 16:19, Girish Moodalbail wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 7:36 AM Brendan Doyle <brendan.doyle at oracle.com
> <mailto:brendan.doyle at oracle.com>> wrote:
>
>     OK thanks, perhaps Girish can comment, I thinking that the steps are
>
>     |# Create OVN namespace, service accounts, ovnkube-db headless
>     service, configmap, and policies kubectl create -f
>     $HOME/work/src/github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovn-setup.yaml
>     <http://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovn-setup.yaml>
>     # Run ovnkube-db deployment. kubectl apply -f
>     $HOME/work/src/github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/
>     <http://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/>||ovnkube-db-raft.yaml # Run ovnkube-master deployment. kubectl
>     create -f
>     $HOME/work/src/github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovnkube-master.yaml
>     <http://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovnkube-master.yaml>
>     # Run ovnkube daemonset for nodes kubectl create -f
>     $HOME/work/src/github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovnkube-node.yaml
>     <http://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-kubernetes/dist/yaml/ovnkube-node.yaml>|
>

> Yes, those are the steps to get OVN K8s CNI up and running with OVN DB
> running in clustered mode.
>
> However, you also say below
>
>>>     Note I don't want to replace flannel with OVN as the CNI, I just want to
>>>     run OVN central in a k8
>>>     StatefulSet, that use flannel as the CNI.
>
> So, my question is - What are you trying to do? How are you mixing
> Flannel and OVN DBs?
>
> Do you want to run OVN DBs in clustered mode as a service (or K8s
> application) using Flannel as the CNI for your K8s cluster?

Yes I want to use Flannel as the CNI, and just have the clustered OVN
DBs as a k8s Service. providing
a HA OVN Central for ovn-controllers on hypervisors in my network. So it
sounds like the above steps
won't work for me and I have to hand craft/modify the raft yaml to start
northd, but not use the
rest of the yamls ?