[ovs-discuss] Double free in recent kernels after memleak fix

Cong Wang xiyou.wangcong at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 02:24:37 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:16 PM Tonghao Zhang <xiangxia.m.yue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I send a patch to fix this. The rcu warnings disappear. I
> don't reproduce the double free issue.
> But I guess this patch may address this issue.
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/patch/20200811011001.75690-1-xiangxia.m.yue@gmail.com/

I don't see how your patch address the double-free, as we still
free mask array twice after your patch: once in tbl_mask_array_realloc()
and once in ovs_flow_tbl_destroy().

Have you tried my patch which is supposed to address this double-free?
It simply skips the reallocation as it makes no sense to trigger reallocation
when destroying it.

Thanks.