[ovs-discuss] Can we add a wifi network interface to an OVS bridge?

Jordan Sandri sandri.jordan at sfr.fr
Fri Aug 21 13:38:48 UTC 2020

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to add a wifi network interface to an OVS bridge? Let me explain first what I achieved.
As you can see in the first diagram I have 2 raspberry pis with an OVS bridge and each of them is connected to ONOS. Using Docker on each pi I have 2 containers and there are linked to my bridge thanks to ovs-docker (int stands for interface). Then, the network interface eth0 from each pi is added to the bridge and raspberry pis are linked with an ethernet cable through eth0 of course. Finally, CTN1 is able to ping CTN3 for example.

Now, I would like to replace eth0 by a wifi network interface wlan1 as you can see in the second diagram. I was thinking maybe using iptables to forward flow to the second pi or adding virtual interfaces included to the bridge as in the diagram3. Then I could use iptables to forward flow from vport to wlan and from wlan to wlan of the second pi. What will be the best way to carry out this?

Thank you for you help