[ovs-discuss] Inquiry for DDlog status for ovn-northd

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Aug 25 16:01:59 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 04:28:22PM -0700, Han Zhou wrote:
> As I remember you were working on the new ovn-northd that utilizes DDlog
> for incremental processing. Could you share the current status?
>
> Now that some more improvements have been made in ovn-controller and OVSDB,
> the ovn-northd becomes the more obvious bottleneck for OVN use in large
> scale environments. Since you were not in the OVN meetings for the last
> couple of weeks, could you share here the status and plan moving forward?

The status is basically that I haven't yet succeeded at getting Red
Hat's recommended benchmarks running.  I'm told that is important before
we merge it.  I find them super difficult to set up.  I tried a few
weeks ago and basically gave up.  Piles and piles of repos all linked
together in tricky ways, making it really difficult to substitute my own
branches.  I intend to try again soon, though.  I have a new computer
that should be arriving soon, which should also allow it to proceed more
quickly.