[ovs-discuss] MAC Learning event to Controller

Vasu Dasari vdasari at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:22:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a use case similar to that presented at Open vSwitch Advanced
Features <https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/tutorials/ovs-advanced/>

Specifically, looking at the flow defined in "Implementing Table 2:
MAC+VLAN Learning for Ingress Port"

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 \
    "table=2 actions=learn(table=10, NXM_OF_VLAN_TCI[0..11], \
                           NXM_OF_ETH_DST[]=NXM_OF_ETH_SRC[], \
                           load:NXM_OF_IN_PORT[]->NXM_NX_REG0[0..15]), \
                     resubmit(,3)"

This above rule adds/modifies a new flow(MAC learning entry) into table 10.
My application requires that the controller should be notified of new MAC
entry when it is being learnt. In summary when a new flow is added to table
10, (not modified) the controller should be notified of the event.

Can someone please help me how to achieve this?

Thanks
-Vasu

*Vasu Dasari*