[ovs-discuss] OVN solid underlay

Engelmann Florian florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Wed Feb 12 20:58:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

we are currently using the neutron reference setup in our Openstack platform (python agents + OVS). Our "underlay" is a layer 3 CLOS (OSPF Cisco) with L2 VLANs from Leaf to Servers and subnets per rack (all IPv4).

But we would like to migrate to OVN and add Ironic to our service portfolio. Are there any recommendations regarding OVN and a solid underlay that still supports Ironic?

We have to exchange the switches anyway (EOL) so we are open for any new vendor. What about cumulus?

All the best,
Florian