[ovs-discuss] openvswitch anti spoof ebtables

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:19:38 UTC 2020

On 2/23/2020 6:31 AM, Oliver Dzombic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as it seems open vswitch ignores the ebtables rules.

Use the built in Linux bridge if you want to use ebtables rules.

> Does open vswitch has something to set firewall rules ?

Yes.  It is an Open Flow switch.  Read up on Open Flow here:

http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/what-is-ovs/

> Especially rules that will allow traffic only from specific IPs that
> come from specific MAC addresses, and drop anything else ?

Of course.  I think you have a lot of documentation to read.  You can
start here:

http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/what-is-ovs/

Your questions are fairly broad - if you have a specific question
we can help you better.

- Greg