[ovs-discuss] Update data-type of a column in OVN-SB

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Jan 23 21:41:38 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 01:36:43AM +0000, Dhathri Purohith wrote:
> We have a requirement to update the datatype of a column in
> OVN-SB. However, this is not straight-forward.

I don't think you're actually changing the data type of a column.  Your
description does not include any schema change as far as I can tell.

Actually changing the data type of a column in the schema, except in
very restricted cases, is a bad idea and we should not do it.

For what I perceive as your actual problem, I'd use a different name for
the new key.