[ovs-discuss] Disable EMC/Microflow Cache in OVS Kernel Datapath

Vipul Ujawane vipul999ujawane at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 04:38:57 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I am running OVS with kernel data path, and I was wondering whether it is
possible to switch the EMC/Microflow cache off (as it is possible with DPDK
data path). I was testing the performance of OVS and I tried one installed
from my linux distro's repository (debian 10/ubuntu 18.04) and one built
from source. As far as I know (according to a megaflow cache degradation
talk recently appeared at OVS Con), the OVS kernel module coming from the
repository has the EMC switched off/not compiled(?). I would like to
confirm whether this is the only reason of the performance difference I
measured, but I would need to switch off the EMC manually.

--

Vipul Ujawane <https://vipul999ujawane.github.io/>
Pre-Final Year Undergraduate