[ovs-discuss] Running wireguard tunnel in Open vSwitch

Pratik Panjwani pratik.panjwani94 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 07:20:51 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to extend my L2 network across sites using wireguard as my VPN.
The networking internally across VMs in a site is managed using
openvswitch. I have established the connectivity between the WG Client and
WG server(tunnel endpoints). But when the traffic is being forwarded from
any of the VMs via openvswitch bridges the client is not able to send
packets to the WG server. I see the below error in tcpdump -

01:37:14.546804 ip: unknown ip 15

01:37:15.548112 ip: unknown ip 15

01:37:16.550092 ip: unknown ip 15

Has anyone tried integrating openvswitch with wireguard?