[ovs-discuss] What is the most efficient way to add many ports to an OVS bridge ?

Paul HENG paul.heng at etu.unistra.fr
Fri Jul 24 11:17:36 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm working on a project that needs to add a lot of ports to OVS bridges
(from 10 to potentially over 1K ports) and I'm wondering what is the
most time efficient way to add them to the different bridges. At the
moment I'm using a single ovs-vsctl command to apply all the add-port
commands, but are there any alternatives that might be interesting ? I'm
calling ovs-vsctl from a Golang program so I was also wondering if
ovs-vsctl can be used safely by multiple threads at the same time or if
it should be avoided.

Thanks in advance !
Paul