[ovs-discuss] OVN DNS support questions

John Lang john.x.lang at oracle.com
Tue Jun 2 19:05:07 UTC 2020

I think I know the answers to these, but there are some enhancement requests and bugs that seem to indicate otherwise.

If OVN can't answer a DNS request, does the pipeline forward it on the another DNS server?  How is that server address set?  Though the DHCP options?
Does OVN currently support Reverse DNS lookup (ie. Asking what FQN is assigned to an IP address)?
Is the DHCP domain-name (DHCP option 15) supported by OVN nb?

I think the answer to all of these are No, but I just wanted to make sure.

John Lang

w (303) 272-5457

c (970) 231-3724