[ovs-discuss] Linux Foundation slideshare - OVS 2017

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Jun 24 21:29:16 UTC 2020

Hi Emily.  I think that you represent Linux Foundation regarding event
planning; at least, I see that I've had email conversations with you
before in this respect.

In 2017 the Open vSwitch project contracted with Linux Foundation to
produce the Open vSwitch conference.  As part of that, LF posted all of
the slides from the conference to SlideShare.  You can see links from
https://www.openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2017/ to all of these.  As you
can see, all of them link to an LF_OpenvSwitch account, which LF
presumably created to host these slides.

All of these links now display the following message:

    Uploaded SlideShare Suspended

    This SlideShare was suspended because it violated SlideShare Terms
    of Service and/or Community Guidelines. You can view more
    SlideShares here.

Could LF please fix these Terms of Service or Community Guidelines
violations, whatever they are?  The Open vSwitch project was never
notified of these, so we do not know what they are.  Or, alternatively,
would you please make the slides available to the OVS community in some
other way?  We will host them ourselves, if you can get them for us.

Thanks,

Ben.