[ovs-discuss] [OVN] VPN IPsec and Wireguard

William Tu u9012063 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:27:28 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 1:15 PM Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 08:34:10AM +0000, Engelmann Florian wrote:
> > are there any plans to support any VPN technology with OVN like IPsec
> > or Wireguard?
>
> OVN supports IPsec.

Hi Florian,
Currently OVS doesn't support Wireguard, but I think it worth taking a look.
My understanding is that Wireguard has better integration in Linux
kernel than IPsec.
With Wireguard, OVS can create a wireguard linux netdev with configurations,
and send/receive packets to/from it. It is like how OVS uses the Linux
tunnel netdev
today.
William