[ovs-discuss] Ranking within the Megaflow Cache

Vipul Ujawane vipul999ujawane at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 03:37:58 UTC 2020

Hello all,
I was looking into the ranking within the Megaflow Cache, especially this
patch https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/648896/ which is implemented for
the DPDK userspace datapath in the lib/dpif-netdev.c file. As this
increases the performance by improving the linear search function, I was
wondering if a similar ranking is implemented within the kernel datapath as
well. I wasn't able to find the relevant source code for it, if possible
can someone point me towards it (if the ranking is implemented at all in
this case)?

Thank you.