[ovs-discuss] [OVN] VPN IPsec and Wireguard

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Fri Mar 20 09:08:34 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 4:11 AM Engelmann Florian
<florian.engelmann at everyware.ch> wrote:

> yes but only to encrypt its tunnels not to build a IPsec site2site connection. We do use Neutron-VPNaaS and would like to migrate to OVN asap. But currently VPNaaS does not support OVN and while using namespaces is an option I would love to see "native" VPN (site2site ipsec and Wireguard) support in OVN.

By site2site you mean IPSec between 2 independent OVN deployments ? Or
one OVN deployment and other non OVN deployment ?

As I understand, neutron VPNaaS is an advanced service in openstack.
Doesn't neutron-vpnaas work with OVN ?
If not can we add support in neutron-vpnaas for OVN ? I'm really not
sure how we can add this support natively in OVN.

If your requirement is to interconnect 2 OVN deployments, you can
probably explore the ovn interconnection feature
which was added recently. You can refer here [1] if you're interested.

Thanks
Numan

[1] - https://www.ovn.org/en/support/dist-docs/ovn-architecture.7.html
(and grep for OVN Deployments Interconnection)
     - https://www.ovn.org/en/support/dist-docs/ovn-ic.8.html
     - https://docs.ovn.org/en/latest/tutorials/ovn-interconnection.html