[ovs-discuss] OVN and Docker with existing logical switch

Frédéric Guihéry frederic.guihery at amossys.fr
Tue May 12 10:34:39 UTC 2020

Hello,

I followed this tutorial [1] to integrate Docker containers into an OVN
overlay. This works great, but the drawback is that we need to
explicitly create a logical switch with Docker before, with something like:

|$ docker network create -d openvswitch --subnet=192.168.1.0/24 foo|

Instead, I would like to link containers to an existing logical switch,
that I previously created with `ovn-nbctl ls-add`.

I tried to link the container with `docker network connect SWITCH_ID
CONTAINER_ID`, but the SWITCH_ID seems to only refer to a Docker switch,
not an OVN logical switch.

Anyone knows how to link a container to an existing OVN logical switch?

Regards,

Frédéric

[1] https://www.openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs-2.5/INSTALL.Docker.md.html