[ovs-discuss] [HELP] OVS-DPDK crash when executing ovs-tcpdump

txfh2007 txfh2007 at aliyun.com
Tue May 19 06:59:02 UTC 2020

Hi all:
    I am using OVS-2.13 together with DPDK-19.11 and hw-offload turnd on.  I have found when I tried to capture pkts by using ovs-tcpdump, the main process crash, I have found in log there is an assertion fail: "
|util(dp_netdev_flow_43)|EMER|lib/cmap.c:922: assertion cmap_replace__(impl, old_node, new_node, hash, h1) || cmap_replace__(impl, old_node, new_node, hash, h2) failed in cmap_replace() "
    After tracing by gdb, I have found it may caused by reload_affected_pmds mechanism: when we add or remove ports in datapath(e.g. capture pkts by ovs-tcpdump script), the reload_affected_pmds should call flow_mark_flush and then mark_to_flow_disassociate several times, for the second time that we call mark_to_flow_disassociate, as the flow->mark has already been set by 0xffffffff, so the cmap_remove would emit an error.
    I don't know how to avoid this error?

Thanks for your help !
Timo