[ovs-discuss] [ovn] Can we use LB for distributed router?

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Wed Oct 28 11:41:48 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 4:42 PM Guoyong <guoyongxhzhf at h3c.com> wrote:

> I heard a comment that we cannot use LB for distributed router. Is it true?

You can associate a load balancer to a distrubuted logical router.

If you want to load balance a floating ip/external ip to OVN internal
IPs, then the distributed
router should have a gateway router port so that DNAT on the LB VIP is
done on the
gateway chassis which has claimed the gateway router port.

Thanks
Numan