[ovs-discuss] Can we use LoRa technology with OVS?

Jordan Sandri sandri.jordan at sfr.fr
Sun Sep 6 16:02:47 UTC 2020

First thing first, a little bit of context.
I have 2 raspberry pis with OVS and Docker installed on it. I use ONOS as a controller.
On the first one, I have a bridge (BR1) and I created a Docker container (CTN1) linked to the bridge thanks to ovs-docker.
On the second, I have a bridge (BR2) and I created a Docker container (CTN2) linked to the bridge thanks to ovs-docker as well.
The first goal is that CTN1 pings CTN2 and the other way around of course and the second is to link pis with multiple types of communication.

First, I have linked the 2 pis with an ethernet cable, added the eth port to each bridge for each pi, and asked CTN1 to ping CTN2 and it worked.
Then I created a wifi ad hoc network between pis and using GRE tunnel with OVS I did a wifi connection between pis and finally, CTN1 was able to ping CTN2.
Now I bought two SX1268 470M LoRa hat. Here is some information about it (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/SX1268_470M_LoRa_HAT#Demo_codes <https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/SX1268_470M_LoRa_HAT#Demo_codes>) and would like to do the same thing again but using LoRa technology. So I plugged hats on each pi. However, this time I don’t have a network interface to add to the bridge or a way to create a tunnel. Can CTN1 ping CTN2 combining OVS with LoRa technology?
I saw this picture showing that it is (https://www.mdpi.com/IoT/IoT-01-00004/article_deploy/html/images/IoT-01-00004-g007.png <https://www.mdpi.com/IoT/IoT-01-00004/article_deploy/html/images/IoT-01-00004-g007.png>). I know that SDWI stands for Software-Defined Wireless Interfacing but what is it exactly? How to do so? Is there an easy way to combine LoRa and OVS?