[ovs-discuss] problem about cls pvector may cause ovs-vswitchd crash

Yinpeijun yinpeijun at huawei.com
Wed Sep 16 06:11:47 UTC 2020

Hi ALL,

This problem is fixed, update info as follows:

1)       The following patch can fix the problem  happened when using the testing code of the previous mail.

https://www.mail-archive.com/ovs-dev@openvswitch.org/msg41202.html

2)       What we need here is a  memory_order_acquire sematics when getting impl->size, to make sure, the

current cpu to get impl->vector content correctly.

3)       The key point here is release/consume,  release/require must be used in paired. If ptr is inserted

into pvec->temp and published later with ovsrcu_set, ovsrcu_get could get the correct pvector->impl->vector

content (both ptr and *ptr). But sometimes pvector_insert is worked with impl unchanged,
and only release impl->size, so impl->size need to be get use acquire sematics to get correct impl->vector
content. pvector->size and pvector->vector has no data-dependent relationship, so acquire must be used here, not consume.