[ovs-discuss] [ovn] distributed router port and distributed SNAT

Tony Liu tonyliu0592 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:44:04 UTC 2020

Hi,

I read through this long discussion [1].

Here is what I am doing.

    |        external logical switch           |
    +-+-------------+--------------------+-----+
      |             |                    |
   +--+--+       +--+--+             +---+----+
   |dgp1 |       |dgp2 |   ...       |dgp1000 |
   +--+--+       +--+--+             +---+----+
      |             |                    |
    +-+-+         +-+-+              +---+---+
    |LR1|         |LR2|              |LR1000 |
    +---+         +---+              +-------+

First of all, I see the same flow explosion in lr_in_arp_resolve
table. I'd like to confirm the patch [2] will also avoid explosion
in my case?

In my case, LRs are not bound to any specific compute chassis.
All DGPs are bound on the central set of gateway chassis.
It's central SNAT and FIP.

I am looking for the possibility to do distributed SNAT and FIP to
avoid central gateway nodes. With OpenStack integration,
distributed FIP is supported, but not distributed SNAT. because
there is not chassis specific address can be used as the source
IP for SNAT.

Given the idea in [3], DPG can be bound on compute chassis.
I don't need the support to have multiple DPGs on one LR.
Then is that going to work for distributed SNAT?
Any details, like how to allocate chassis specific address
as the source IP for SNAT, and how ARP works for that address?

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org/msg06948.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/ovs-dev@openvswitch.org/msg45681.html
[3] https://www.mail-archive.com/ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org/msg06987.html

Thanks!