[ovs-discuss] GTP decapsulation

Ash Ash m.list.acc.q at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:35:36 UTC 2021

Thanks Orabuntu-LXC

I looked at the link. I am new to ovs but my understanding is whe I
use options:remote_ip=x.x.x.x in ovs-vsctl add-port command (and the option
is mandatory for gtpu type), it creates a tunnel whereas my traffic is
already tunneld/encapsulated.
In my test setup I have three VMs, vm1 connected to vm2 and vm3. There is
no direct connection between vm2 and vm3, they are using different
host-only network adapters. I want to send traffic that is tunneled already
from vm2 to vm1 to decapsulate and then send decapsulated traffic to vm3.

I found something in ovs tests:
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/tests/tunnel-push-pop.at#L376,
specifically tnl_pop, But I could not find any documentation on that
action. ovs-ofctl add-flow doesn't recognize it.