[ovs-discuss] [OVN] Request: v20.03.02 tag

Frode Nordahl frode.nordahl at canonical.com
Wed Feb 17 15:17:46 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 3:37 PM Lucas Alvares Gomes
<lucasagomes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to request a new tag in OVN 20.03 for the commit [0]
> which was backported to branch-20.03 recently.
>
> The Neutron community in OpenStack is working towards having OVN as
> the default backend in DevStack and this specific commit [0] fixes an
> issue [1] that affects the CI of OpenStack when OVN is used.
>
> The last tag (v20.03.01) was done in June 2020 [2] so I think it may
> be time for a .02 ?

Thank you for bringing this up.

I would like to note that we would also be interested in a new point
release, however, it would be helpful if we waited a little bit to add
a few more patches. We are in the process of concluding a SRU [3] to
Ubuntu Focal with several patches to resolve the unpredictable
resolution for conflicting flow actions among others.

We would be happy to forward these to branch-20.03 if there is
appetite for them and it would subsequently be easier for us to bring
those bits out to the masses.

3: https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server-dev/ubuntu/+source/ovn/commit/?h=ubuntu/focal&id=bd1c02325d9bfc0e746f65e573d98f3415cbb5b2

--
Frode Nordahl