[ovs-discuss] Versioning

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Wed Jan 6 13:14:37 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 10:57 PM Sean O'Connor <sean.oconnor at oracle.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a release compatibility chart for ovn and ovs.  If I am building ovn in the post split tree and need to point to ovs sources for the build what version should the ovs source be at (2.12?)?  I just want to make sure I understand the compatibility.  Thank you.

If you want to compile OVN 20.12 or master, you need to compile with
ovs master. For other OVN versions (20.09, 20.06 and 20.03), OVS 2.14
would work. This is the compilation requirement. At run time you can
run with OVS 2.12+.

There is a thread related to this topic which you may want to check it
out - https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2020-October/376491.html

Thanks
Numan