[ovs-discuss] cells v2 routing question

Pedro Sousa pgsousa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:06:11 UTC 2021

Hi Numan,

sorry to insist, but maybe you, or someone on this mailing list can assist
me. Let me try to explain better my problem:

I have a nova cells deployment where I have the parent site and a remote
site cell, think about AZ1 and AZ2. The remote cell doesn't have a ovn-db
and it's connected to the primary, however it has it's own ovn-controller
and It's able to provision it's own router on the remote compute sites.

You can see the attached picture to understand better.

My question is, when I create a provider network on the primary site, am I
able to reach a vm that's on remote cell using a floating ip through the
geneve tunnel? I tested it, but it doesn't work.

In simple terms I would like a distributed routing on my deployment, when I
create router that's on a specific AZ, I want to access to a VM that's on
another AZ, through that router. Is this possible? Considering that are not
separate OVN deployments?

Thanks.