[ovs-discuss] VM behind/on OVS cannot ping virtual IP on a "regular" bridge

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 08:59:01 UTC 2021

Hi guys.

I've been sroogling and now I'm writing in hope some experts
stumble upon this one:

a case:
a) all guests are KVM, all CentOS.
b) I have NM managed OVS bridge and libvirtd network to/on
that bridge
c) "regular" NM bridge and network off it in libvirt

problem:
guestOVSa <-> guestNMBRa 10.3.3.1 => pings OK
guestOVSa <-> guestNMBRa 10.3.3.2 virtual IP = cannot ping,
"Destination Host Unreachable"
The host on which guestOVSa resides pings both those IPs OKey.

Before I share configs/commands & more, I thought I should
keep it concise in case I'm missing something trivial, simple.
any thoughts and ideas on how & what to investigate are very
appreciated.
many thanks, L.