[ovs-discuss] ovs-ipsec

Allen Dial adial at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 23:57:09 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to setup ovs-ipsec using NAT traversal, the documentation shows that one can use ovs-ipsec provided both sides of the tunnel have accessible public IP addresses, but I am interested in setting up two switches where only one side has a public ip and the other is behind NAT. The situation is such that I cannot do port forwarding on the router either. NAT traversal is a common practice in ipsec for implementations outside of OVS, but I don't know if that functionality has made it to OVS.

As there are no instructions for this type of topology in the documentation, I am hoping there is someone on this list that has accomplished it.

Thank you,
Allen