[ovs-discuss] meter stats cleared when modify meter bands

ychen ychen103103 at 163.com
Wed Jul 28 02:57:28 UTC 2021

Hi, all:
    I have a question why meter stats need  cleared when just modify meter bands?
    when call function handle_modify_meter(), it finally call function dpif_netdev_meter_set(), in this function new dp_meter will be allocated and attched, hence stats will be cleared.
   if we just update dp_meter bands configuration, so the stats will be keeped when meter modify.
   Is there any consideration about this meter modify action?