[ovs-discuss] [ovn] Upgrade from 20.12 to 21.09

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Wed Nov 3 17:01:23 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:02 AM Ammad Syed <syedammad83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded ovn controllers on compute nodes and ovn central on network node.
>
> The package has been upgraded and everything works fine.
>
> How to check to check ovnsb and ovnnb databases has upgraded successfully ?
>
> I am seeing ovnnb version in ovnnb_db.db "name":"OVN_Northbound","version":"5.32.1"
> and for ovnsb version in ovnsb_db.db "name":"OVN_Southbound","version":"20.20.0" in the start of the db file.
>
> I can also see below db files created after upgrade.
>
> -rw-r----- 1 root root 151488 Nov  2 14:23 ovnnb_db.db
> -rw-r----- 1 root root  78946 Nov  2 10:34 ovnnb_db.db.backup5.28.0-610359755
> -rw-r----- 1 root root 969484 Nov  2 14:23 ovnsb_db.db
> -rw-r----- 1 root root 391183 Nov  2 10:34 ovnsb_db.db.backup20.12.0-3969471120
>
> How to ensure that db upgrade has been performed successfully ?

If the dbs didn't upgrade properly,  then you should see warning
messages like "Missing tables/columns"
in the ovn-northd/ovn-controller log files.

The NB version - 5.32.1  you mentioned matches here -
https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/blob/v21.09.0/ovn-nb.ovsschema

So I think it went well.

Thanks
Numan