[ovs-discuss] OVN at scale in production

Seena Fallah seenafallah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:33:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

I use ovn for OpenStack neutron plugin for my production. After days I see
issues about losing a leader in ovsdb. It seems it was because of the
failing inactivity probe and because I had 17k acls. After I disable the
inactivity probe it works fine but when I did a scale test on it (about 40k
ACLS) again it fails the leader.
I saw many docs about ovn at scale issues that were raised by both RedHat
and eBay and seems the solution is to rewrite ovn with ddlog. I checked it
with northd-ddlog but nothing changes.

My question is should I wait more for ovn to be stable for high scale or is
there any tuning I miss in my deployment?
Also, will the ovn-nb/sb rewrite with ddlog and can help the issues at a
high scale? if yes is there any due time?

Thanks.