[ovs-discuss] [ovn] dnat_and_snat configuration question

Odintsov Vladislav VlOdintsov at croc.ru
Thu Sep 9 15:56:07 UTC 2021

Hi,

There are some questions about NAT in OVN from me.

1. Is there any documentation about how GARP works in OVN with localnet ports?
I see GARPs sending when new network is configured on the associated router port (ovn-nbctl set logical-router-port <lrp> networks="<ip1> <ip2>")

2. I’m wonder if GARP should be sent when a new dnat_and_snat rule is added to the edge LR.
We’ve got cases, where in centralised topology administrator can reschedule chassis for 1:1 outgoing traffic. In my understanding it’s just enough to set new gateway chassis to wan logical router port and remove an old one. So, CR lrp is moved to another chassis and should sent GARP to notify upstream switches to update FDB. In my tests this is not executed, but may be I’m configured something wrong.

3. Do I need to configure an IP address to be an LRP network address for each NAT 1:1 entry?
Currently I have on wan port only one IP /32 and configured 0.0.0.0/0 route via default GW with output_port set to LR’s wan port.

Thanks.

Regards,
Vladislav Odintsov