[ovs-git] [openvswitch/ovs] 771680: DNS: Add basic support for asynchronous DNS resolv...
noreply at github.com
Fri Jul 6 20:50:33 UTC 2018
Author: Yifeng Sun <pkusunyifeng at gmail.com>
Date: 2018-07-06 (Fri, 06 Jul 2018)
DNS: Add basic support for asynchronous DNS resolving
This patch is a simple implementation for the proposal discussed in
It enables ovs-vswitchd and other utilities to use DNS names when specifying
OpenFlow and OVSDB remotes.
Below are some of the features and limitations of this patch:
- Resolving is asynchornous in daemon context, avoiding blocking main loop;
- Resolving is synchronous in general utility context;
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported;
- The resolving API is thread-safe;
- Depends on the unbound library;
- When multiple ip addresses are returned, only the first one is used;
- /etc/nsswitch.conf isn't respected as unbound library doesn't look at it;
- For async-resolving, caller need to retry later; there is no callback.
Signed-off-by: Yifeng Sun <pkusunyifeng at gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org>
**NOTE:** This service been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/
Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.
More information about the git